Music takes the pain away

9/27/07

LAME

I was tagged by Dennis:

List 5 things that certain people (who are not deserving of being your friend anyway) may consider to be "totally lame," but you are, despite the possible stigma, totally proud of. Own it. Tag 5 others:



1. I don’t carry a cell phone. I never have. I generally have a dislike for phones in the first place. They are intrusive, not all the time clear, and when you add mobility to the device, they become dangerous. Plus, I really don’t need another monthly bill.



2. I know the words to more than one Crash Test Dummies song. I also know the band members names. It is generally lame when you know more about a "one-hit wonder" band than you do about most "popular" acts or whatever.

3. This


4. I know the intros to BOTH versions of Voltron. I love that cartoon like certain other people love Quantum Leap. For years, Saturday mornings meant nothing to me after Laff-A-Lympics. Then, the magic words came through my TV. "From days of long ago, from uncharted regions of the universe, comes a legend. The legend of Voltron, Defender of the Universe!!!" It goes on to tell the tale of a mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil. I also can sing the theme music, the "danger" music, and the “Yay! The heroes did something awesome!” music…from memory. Character names, what ship they flew, etc.
This brings us to…


5. I will vehemently defend my belief that Vehicle Voltron is better than Lion Voltron. Better story (two races of people trying to find a new home world for their respective peoples, and the political intrigue that would ensue from their encounters vs. a horny blue guy trying to get laid and conquer a peace loving planet). Better characters, especially in the leader department. When Jeff gave the “Form Blazing Sword!!!” command, you felt in his voice that shit was about to go down. Keith’s commands were all yawners. Finally, VV had better animation. However, LV did look cool, and Voltron the Third Dimension SUCKED!!!

You can sound your nerd alerts now

I tag Tony, Jeff, Nikki, Alycee, and Lindsay

No comments: